It was so smooth and beautiful when it was brought out from the steamer. woah...supposed to roll it when it's hot because this swiss roll is entirely using egg white but I forgot !!!...so when I rolled it when it's cooled, it cracked on the top. *Haiz*
200 gm. cold egg white
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 Tbsp. Ovalette
30 ml. water
100 gm. sugar
100 gm. flour
20 gm. milk powder
30 gm. cornoil or melted butter
1/2 tsp. chocolate paste
Strawberry jam for spreading
(1) Whisk all the incredients together except cornoil and chocolate paste. Whisk till thick and fluffy.
(2) Pour in cornoil and mix till combine.
(3) Scoop out 1/3 cup of batter and stir in chocolate paste.
(4) Pour the plain batter into a lined 10" sq. tray. Drop dollop of chocolate batter on top of the plain batter and then use a chopstick to swirl to create a marble design.
(5) Steam over high heat for 15 mins. or till cooked. Place swiss roll onto a sheet of plastic.
(6) Spread strawberry jam on the swiss roll when it's more than warm. Then roll it up quickly and then leave it in the fridge to chill.
(7) Slice and serve.