PUFF PASTRY (New)
500 gm. Plain flour
50 gm. Butter
5 gm. salt
20 gm. sugar
20 gm. Milk powder
275 gm. Water
375 gm. Pastry Margarine + 50 gm. Plain flour (mix together)
(1) Mix plain flour with butter till it resembles breadcrumbs.
(2) Add in the dry ingredients, mix thoroughly.
(3) Pour in water and mix into a dough. Rest for 20 mins. in the fridge.
(4) Mix pastry margarine with plain flour and then roll out into a rectangular shape.
(5) Roll out the dough into a rectangle, place pastry margarine in the middle and wrap it up in an envelope style.
(6) Roll out the dough and do the 3-fold. Rest for 20 mins.
(7) Roll out the dough again and do the 4-fold. Rest for another 20 mins.
(8) Roll out the dough again and do the 3-fold. Rest for 30 mins.
(9) Roll out the dough and do any shapes you desired.
Note: Puff Pastry can be prepared in advance and then wrapped up properly. Freeze it and it can be kept for weeks. Thaw before rolling to prevent breakage of the dough.
Tips: During rolling, make sure the pastry margarine is well wrapped up with the dough and taking care not to let pastry ooze out from the dough.