Sunday, March 23, 2008
Chocolate Eruption Cheesecake
You need to bake a Brownie (for bottom crust and some chopped brownies for the cream cheese filling, before making the cheesecake.
Ingredients for Bottom crust BROWNIE
300 gm. Unsalted Butter - melted
250 gm. sugar
250 gm. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
4 large eggs
250 gm. cake flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
1/4 tsp. salt
Cream Cheese Filling:
20 ozs. Cream Cheese - Softened
1/4 cup sugar
7 ozs. Condense milk
2 1/2 large eggs
50 gm. Dairy cream
1 Tbsp. Cake flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
3/4 cup - chopped white chocolate
1/2 cup - coarsely chopped chocolate
1/2 cup Smuckers Sundae Syrup - caramel flavour
1/4 cup Dulce De Leche
1/2 to 1 cup of chunks of Brownie cake
(1) For Brownie, blend melted with both sugars and then eggs and vanilla.
(2) Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and process to make a smooth batter. Pour into a rectangular cake tin 13" x 9" and bake at 175C for about 25 to 30 mins.
(3) Leave to cool and cut the cake to fit into a 9" springform cake tin and balance cut into chunks for the cream cheese filling.
(4) Fit the brownie cake into the 9" springform cake tin and leave aside while preparing the filling.
(5) For Cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese filling and sugar till creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time making sure it's well combined before the next addition. Add in condense milk.
(6) Add in whipping cream, cake flour, salt and vanilla extract.
(7) Scoop of 1/3 of the cream cheese filling, mix with chopped white chocolate and pour into prepared cake tin.
(8) Balance mixture, mix in the, chopped chocolate, caramel sauce and stir gently.
(9) Drop dollops of half the "Dulce De Leche" on top of the white chocolate cream cheese mixture, sprinkle with some chunks of brownies, then pour in the caramel sauce cream cheese filling and drop dollops of "Dulce de Leche" again.
(10) Bake at 160C for about 60 mins. or till set.
(11) Leave to cool before slicing.