Tuesday, February 19, 2008
400 gm. Bread Flour
100 gm. Hong Kong flour
10 gm. Instant Yeast
70 gm. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
30 gm. Milk Powder
10 gm. Baking powder
60 gm. eggs
250 gm. water
60 gm. Butter / Margarine
Some Melted Chocolate
Coloured Chocolate Rice
(1) Place all the ingrdeints into bread machine or mixing bowl except butter and beat till dough is combined for about 10 mins.
(2) Add in Butter and continue kneading for another 5 mins. till it's smooth and elastic.
(3) Rest and proof the dough cor about 40 min.s or until double in size.
(4) Roll out the dough onto a floured table and cut out doughnut shape with a doughnut cutter.
(5) Rest doughnuts for another 40 mins.
(6) Deep fry doughnuts until golden brown.
(7) Double boil some chocolate in a bowl and then dip the doughnuts into the chocolate and sprinkle some coloured chocolate rice or almond nibs on top.
Note: Do not fry the doughnuts in too hot oil, otherwise the inner part will not be cooked and if the temperature of the oil is too low, the dough will be very oily.