Sunday, January 04, 2009
435 gm. Plain flour
50 gm. sugar
1 Tbsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
200 gm. unsalted butter - chilled and cut into small pieces
250 gm. fresh milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans
(1) Place plain, sugar, baking powder , salt, butter in a food processor and process till it resembles bread crumbs.
(2) Mix milk, maple syrup and vanilla extact together and stir till well mixed.
(3) Pour milk mixture and pecans into the flour mixture and lightly knead with hands till it binds together. Do not overwork the dough. It should be very soft at this stage.
(4) Chill in the fridge for 20 mins.
(5) Roll dough into 3/4" thick, use a cutter to cut out into rounds.
(6) Brush scones with milk or beaten egg.
(7) Bake at 175C for about 18 to 20 mins.
(8) Serve warm or at room temperature.