Thursday, January 31, 2008
Desiccated Coconut Pandan Cookies
120 gm. Butter
100 gm. icing sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
100 ml. coconut milk
1 tsp. Pandan paste
a drop of green colouring (optional if the colour is green enough)
200 gm. Plain flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
90 gm. Desiccated coconut (lightly toasted)
(1) Cream butter, sugar and salt till creamy. Add in coconut milk and pandan paste and mix thoroughly.
(2) Seive flour and baking powder together and then mix in the desiccated coconut. Pour into the mixture and mix till a soft dough is formed.
(3) Put dough into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe onto baking trays. Place a small piece of red cherry on top.
(4) Bake at 165C for about 15 to 20 mins.l until it's cooked and crispy.
(5) Leave to cool thoroughly before storing in containers.