Sunday, September 16, 2007
Sesame Seeds Crisp Mooncake
Ingredients for Skin:
250 gm. plain flour
55 gm. icing sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
100 gm. shortening
100 gm. water
300 gm. Lotus paste
6 salted egg yolks - mashed
60 gm. walnuts
60 gm. candied mandarin orange - diced finely
100 gm. candied winter melon - diced small
50 gm. almonds - diced
100 gm. barbecue pork or chicken - bak kwa
100 gm. toasted sesame seeds
30 gm. toasted olive seeds
50 gm. white sesame seeds mixed with 50 gm. of black sesame seeds
Some egg glaze
(1) Mix all the skin ingredients together and then let it rest for 30 mins.
(2) Mix all the fillings ingredients and scale to about 100 gm. ball
(3) Scale skin dough to 80 gm. and wrap up the fillings. Press lightly till flat or use rolling pin to flatten it. Arrange onto tray and glaze with egg glaze.
(4) Sprinkle mixed black and white sesame seeds on top.
(5) Bake at 180C for about 25 to 30 mins. or till cooked.
(6) Cool on cooling rack.