Sunday, September 30, 2007
Bubble Rice Walnut Cookies
225 gm. Butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
130 gm. sugar
250 gm. Plain flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
100 gm. Rice bubbles (Kellog's or the chinese Mi Chang)
70 gm. Chopped walnuts
Some whole walnuts - halved as decoration
Some egg white
(1) Cream butter with sugar till creamy. Add in vanilla essence.
(2) Add in plain flour, baking powder. Stir and then add in rice bubbles and chopped walnuts.
(3) Scoop with ice-cream scoop or with a spoon onto a tray.
(4) Dip halved walnuts with egg white and place it on top of each cookie.
(5) Bake at 175C for about 15 mins. or till cooked.
(6) Cool completely before storing in airtight containers.