Monday, September 24, 2007
Brown Sugar "Fatt Gou"
300 gm. Hong Kong flour ) sift together
2 tsp. Baking Powder )
140 gm. sugar
60 gm. Brown sugar
1 Tbsp. Eno
2 nos. Eggs
200 ml. thick coconut milk
200 ml. water
1/8 tsp. salt
For sprinkling top: red dates, dried pessimmon or medlar seeds
(1) Boil the sugar, brown sugar and water in a pot till sugar dissolves completely. Remove from heat and seat side to cool.
(2) Mix the sugar syrup mixture with coconut milk and eggs and stir till smooth. Strain well and mix in the Eno.
(3) Spoon the mixture into "fatt gou" cups or your choice and sprinkle with some red dates.
(4) Steam in the steamer over high heat for about 20 mins. depending on the size of your cups. For smaller cups, steam 15 mins.
(5) Unmould and let to cool before serving.