Sunday, August 12, 2007
Nutmeg Cheese Cup Cakes
160 gm. Butter
160 gm. Suar
35 gm. milk powder
1/4 tsp. salt
50 gm. Grated Kraft Cheddar Cheese
50 gm. Evaporated milk
200 gm. Cake flour
60 gm. ground hazelnuts
1/2 tsp. Grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg
2 tsps. Baking Powder
60 gm. Almond Nibs
60 gm. Chopped Hazelnuts
60 gm. Raisins
(1) Cream butter , sugar, milk powder, salt and grated cheese till creamy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time and cream until smooth. Add in evaporated milk and mix till blended.
(3) Add in flour, ground hazelnuts, ground nutmeg and baking powder and mix till well blended.
(4) Add in almond nibs, chopped hazelnuts and raisins and mix until well incorporated.
(5) Pour batter into greased moulds of your choice or bake in a loaf pan. Bake at 180C for about 25 mins. If using loaf pan, bake for about 40 to 45 mins. or until cooked.
(6) Sieve with some icing sugar and sprinkle some shredded cheese on top. Serve.
**Recipe adapted from the book "Fruity Cakes" by Alex Goh