Sunday, October 07, 2007
Tropicana Opera Cake
Ingredients For Making Cake:
135 gm. egg yolk
35 gm. egg white
85 gm. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
70 gm. cake flour
10 gm. cornflour
1/4 twsp. Baking Powder (sifted)
20 gm. Icing Sugar (sifted)
a bit yellow colouring
100 gm. melted Butter
Ingredients for Making Chocolate Glaze:
400 gm. Chopped Chocolate
1/2 tsp. Nescafe granules
380 gm. Fresh cream (unwhipped)
20 gm. butter
(1) Whisk egg yolk, egg white, salt and sugar at high speed till fluffy and light.
(2) Reduce speed, add in flour, cornflour, baking powder, icing sugar and yellow colour, mix thorougly.
(3) Add in melted butter and use a spatula to stir until mixture is smooth.
(4) Pour into a rectangular tray (10" x 8") and bake for 20 mins. at 175C.
(5) Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack. Cut the cake into 3 pieces lengthwise.
(6) For chocolate filling: Cook the fresh cream and nescafe until they are hot only. Then pour it into the chocolate and stir till smooth. Add in butter.
(7) Cream the cakes and sandwich them together with any butter cream.
(8) Pour chocolate glaze on top and let it set in the fridge before slicing.