Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Durian Butter Sponge
340 gm. Optima flour (sponge mix)
110 gm. Durian Puree
60 gm. hot water
110 gm. melted butter
Some Durian Puree (up to individual's taste)
(1) Whisk eggs and optima flour till thick and fluffy.
(2) Mix durian puree with hot water and stir till smooth. Add into eggs mixture and mix till well combined.
(3) Pour in melted butter and mix till well blended.
(4) Pour batter into a rectangular tray 40 x 25 x 3 cmn shallow pan and bake at 190C for about 20 mins. Remove the cake from the pan and set aside to cool. Refrigerate the cake for 30 mins. so as to let it set before slicing it. The cuts will be neater this way.
(5) Mix some butter cream with some durian puree. Set aside.
(6) Trim the top crust of the cake and cut into 4 pieces. Then cut each half horizontally into 2 layers. You should have 8 layers. Sandwich all the 8 layers with durian butter cream and spread butter cream on top and decorate as desired. Chill before cutting and serve.
Recipe adapted from Alex Goh's book - Fruity Cakes