Monday, July 23, 2007
Durian Butter Cake
250 gm. Butter
220 gm. sugar
120 gm. Durian flesh
60 ml. milk
40 gm. cake flour
200 gm. cake flour
50 gm. custard powder
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
1/4 tsp. salt
(1) Blend durian flesh with milk and mix in the 40 gm. of flour. Leave aside.
(2) Sieve flour with baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
(3) Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
(4) Add in eggs one at a time till well combined before the next addition.
(5) Add in durian and milk mixture and mix well.
(6) Fold in flour mixture and custard powder and mix till well blended.
(7) Pour into tube pan and bake at 175C for about 50 mins.
(8) Remove from cake pan and leave on cooling pan till cool before slicing.
**recipe adapted from Alex Goh's cake book.