Friday, June 29, 2007
Apricot Swiss Roll
75 gm. Cake flour - sifted
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
55 gm. sugar
4 nos. egg yolks
30 gm. milk
30 gm. corn oil
4 nos. egg white
85 gm. sugar
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
about 10 to 12 pieces of dried apricots - chopped or diced for sprinkling onto tray
50 gm. melted chocolate for decoration
(1) Mix egg yolks, cornoil, salt, sugar and milk together. Stir then add in cake flour and baking powder. Stir till smooth.
(2) Whisk egg white with cream of tartar till forthy then spoon in sugar while machine is still on, continue to whisk till stiff peak.
(3) Fold egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture, combine well and stir in half to the chopped apricots. Balance apricots, sprinkle onto a lined tray 11" x 14".
(4) Pour the batter into the lined cake tin, level the surface with a scraper.
(5) Bake in a preheated oven of 180C for about 15 mins. or till cooked.
(6) Spread apricot jam thinly over the cake and roll up. Can use any filling for spreading or butter cream.
(7) Chill in the fridge till set and then decorate with melted chocolate. Place melted chocolate into piping bag and pipe lines on top as decoration.
(8) Slice and serve.
Note: For added flavour, soak chopped or diced apricots with some apricot brandy (roughly 1 to 2 Tablespoon)for about 15 mins.