Saturday, May 19, 2007
Lychee Almond Chiffon Cake
Ingredients for egg yolk mixture:
3 egg yolks
20 gm. castor sugar
20 ml. cornoil
60 gm. chopped lychee
30 ml. lychee syrup from the can
70 gm. Self-raising flour
30 gm. ground almonds
20 gm. chopped almonds
1 Tbsp. Chocolate Rice - optional
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Essence
Egg white mixture:
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
65 gm. Castor sugar
Decoration: Lychees and Almonds
(1) Mix all the egg yolk ingredients till smooth.
(2) Whisk egg white with cream of tartar till foamy then gradually pour in sugar and continue beating till thick.
(3) Fold egg yolk mixture with egg white mixture and then pour into a 20 cm. tube-pan and bake at 175C for about 40 mins. or until cooked.
(4) Remove cake from oven, invert cake onto cooling rack and let it cool completely.
(5) Remove cake from cake pan and decorate with lychees and almonds.