Monday, May 07, 2007
Durian Cream Cake
Durian Sponge cake:
250 gm. Optima Flour
1 tsp. ovalette
70 ml. Corn oil
4 nos. cold eggs
60 ml. water
50 gm. durian puree
1 tsp. Durian paste (optional)
Durian Cream: 300 gm. Durian meat - mashed
100 gm. Non-Dairy whip cream
Some whipped cream for covering whole cake
Slice almonds - roasted - for the sides
(1) For sponge cake: mix all the ingredients together in a mixer bowl except cornoil and durian puree. Whisk till thick.
(2) Add in some cornoil into durian paste and mix till well combined.
(3) Fold cornoil mixture into egg mixture and then pour into a 9" round tin and bake at 180C for about 35 to 40 mins.
(4) Leave cake to cool on a wire rack and then slice into 3 layers.
(5) For filling: Stir whip cream into the mashed durian and then spread onto the sliced cakes and sandwich them together.
(6) Cover cake with whip cream, cover the sides with sliced toasted almonds and then decorate cake as desired.
(7) Simple and yet delicious.