Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Chilled Oreo Marble Chocolate Cheesecake
Ingredients for crust:
220 gm. chocolate biscuits - blended
120 to 150 gm. melted butter
Cream Cheese fillings:
100 gm. Sugar
8 egg yolks
500 gm. cream cheese
22 gm. gelatine powder soaked with 100 ml. water then microwave for 25 secs.
300 gm. Dairy whip cream (35% fat whipping cream)
50 gm. cooking chocolate
1 paket of Oreo cookies
(1) Mix blended chocolate with butter evenly and press into a 9" round springform tin. Chill in the refrigerator for at elast 20 mins. till biscuits are firm.
(2) Whisk egg yolks and sugar lightly over a pot of simmering water with the base not touching the water. Whisk till lemoney in colour.
(3) Beat cream cheese with a paddle till creamy. Pour in the melted gelatine mixture and mix evenly.
(4) Pour in the whisked egg yolks into the cream cheese gradually and mix till evenly combined.
(5) Fold in whipped cream and mix gently.
(6) Pour half of the cream cheese mixture into the prepared tin , lay oreo cookies on top of cream cheese filling and then pour balance cream cheese filling on top.
(7) Mix 1 tbsp of cream cheese filling with melted chocolate and spoon it on top of the cheese cake. Use a skewer to swirl into a marble effect.
(8) Chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or until firm before slicing.