Monday, April 30, 2007
White Chocolate & Blueberry Shortbread
This is for my staff - Sheena, who complained of eating this non-stop. So here's the recipe which you requested.
250 gm. Plain flour
120 gm. rice flour
125 gm. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
250 gm. unsalted Butter
80 gm. Blueberry Pie Filling
50 gm. grated White Chocolate
2 Tbsp. coarse sugar for sprinkling
(1) Sift flour and rice flour together. Combine with sugar and salt and then rub in butter till mixture forms a dough.
(2) Press half portion of the dough into a 7" (18 cm) square tin. Spread blueberry pie filling on top and then sprinkle grated white chocolate over it.
(3) Sprinkle the balance dough onto the white chocolate and press down the dough to let it stick together. Press frimly and then prick with fork.
(4) Sprinkle coarse sugar on top and bake at 160C for about 35 - 40 mins. or till golden brown.
(5) Cut into small rectangle shape while still warm. Cook on wire rack and store in containers.