Sunday, April 29, 2007
Brittany Puff Pastry Biscuits
120 gm. unsalted butter
60 gm. fine sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp. Vanilla Essence
130 gm. Plain flour
1/4 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
15 gm. Ground Almonds
Can add in some raisins and nuts if desired.
(1) Use hand whisk to mix the butter, salt and sugar.
(2) Add in egg yolk.
(3) Add in vanilla essence, flour, bicarbonate of Soda and Ground Almonds. Mix lightly until it's just combined.
(4) Press dought between 2 plastic sheets into a rectangle and chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
(5) Remove dough from fridge and use small rings to cut out, leave dough in the cake rings and bake together at 180C for about 25 mins.
(6) Remove cookie rings and leave to cool.
(7) A word of caution: When eating this cookie, please do not talk otherwise it will fly onto somebody's face and that will look rather embarrassing.