Thursday, May 03, 2007
130 gm. plain flour
50 gm. icing sugar
50 gm. unsalted butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla essence
60 gm. instant custard
120 gm. milk
60 gm. fresh avocado meat (mashed)
apricot jam or any jam of your preference
some croquant for sticking onto rim of tarts
(1) Sieve flour and icing sugar into a mixing bowl.
(2) Rub-in butter till it resembles breadcrumbs.
(3) Add in egg and vanilla essence and mix till a dough is formed. Chill dough for about 30 mins.
(4) Press dough into tart mould and bake in oven at 175C for about 15 to 20 mins. or till golden brown. Leave to cool. Brush some jam at the rim and dip into croquant.
(5) For filling: Mix instant custard with milk, stir till smooth. Add in mashed avocado and mix evenly. Fill into baked tart cases.
(6) Place some sliced avocado on top and decorate with raspberry or strawberries.
(7) Chill in refrigerator before serving.