Saturday, March 10, 2007

Vanilla Chocolate Chip Muffins




Ingredients:

300 gm. self-raising flour
1 tsp. baking powder
50 gm. butter
80 gm. caster sugar
150 gm. chocolate chips
2 eggs - lightly beaten
230 ml. milk
1 tsp. vanilla essence

Method:

(1) Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
(2) Add in butter and rub until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in chocolate chips.
(3) In another bowl, mix together the eggs, milk and vanilla essence and then pour into the flour mixture. Mix briefly until just combined.
(4) Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, dividing equally. Yield about 12 to 13 nos. of muffins.
(5) Bake at 200C for about 20 mins. or until well risen, golden and firm to the touch. Cool in the tin for 5 mins. then turn out onto a wire-rack.
(6) Serve warm or cold with a cup of tea.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Aunty, thank you for sharing all your recipes so generously. I love chocolate chip muffins, and want to try to bake this.

If I use self-raising flour already have baking powder, still need to add the extra baking powder is it?

Aunty Yochana said...

Yes ling ling,

still need to add in baking powder.
Happy trying...enjoy!
rgds

Anonymous said...

Aunty, i love your blog..

Are there any other options to replace the self-raising flour? I live in Germany but i couldn't find any self raising flour..

And thanks for sharing so many recipes! Take care!

Thong

ME said...

Hi Aunty Yochana,

This is Alice

Some time ago I ever asked for your melting moments recipe, I've got it, sorry only now I can thank u for that
I'm going to try it for sure :)

I'm going to try this yummy muffin recipe too! :)

Cheers
Alice

Aunty Yochana said...

Hi Thong,

If you can't find self-raising flour, you can sift 1 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour) with 2 teaspoon of baking powder.

Thanks Alice for your kind words.

rgds

Anonymous said...

any replacement for egg?

MsCake said...

Hi Lucy

I tried this recipe today and the muffins turned out to be very nice though a bit dry. (Can I add some milk to it if too dry?)

Next, as I am having the table-top tefal oven, I can only bake a tray of 12 muffins each time. If I wanted to bake double of your recipe, can the balance batter be kept in fridge while the oven is being occupied?

Hope to have your advice- thanks.

Catherine

MsCake said...

Hi Lucy

Gong Xi Fa Cai !

I tried yr recipe yesterday. It was nice except that a bit dry. Perhaps I can add some milk ?

IF I want to double this recipe but I have a table-top oven which allows only 1 tray each time, can I keep the bal of batter in the fridge while rest are baking.

Hope you can respond. Thanks.

Catherine

Aunty Yochana said...

Hi CAtherine,

Probably your eggs are too small hence the dryness in your cake. Add milk to 250 gm.
I suggest you prepare the batter one recipe at a time for better results.

rgds

Eileen said...

Hi

Thanks.

Catherine