Sunday, March 18, 2007
Marshmallow, Choc & Cola Muffins
250 gm. self-raising flour
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
130 gm. caster sugar
1 egg - lightly beaten
6 Tbsp. corn oil
150 ml. coca-cola
80 gm. mini marshmallows
(1) Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
(2) In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the egg and cornoil. Mix thoroughly , then add in coca-cola and mix till even.
(3) Pour the cola mixture into the flour mixture and mix briefly until just combined.
(4) Spoon a large spoonful of batter into muffins cups, then add 3 or 4 mini marshamallow in the centre then top up with another spoon of batter. Spoon remaining batter and divide equally.
(5) Bake at 190C for about 20 to 25 mins. or until well risen and firm to the touch.
(6) Cook in the tin for 5 mins. before turning out onto a wire rack.
(7) Serve warm or cold.