Sunday, April 01, 2007
Lemon Curd Cheesecake
250 gm. plain sweet biscuit
125 gm. melted butter
750 gm. cream cheese - softened
2 tsp. finely grated lemon rind
110 gm. sugar
2 tsp. lemon juice
50 gm. butter
120 gm. sugar
1 egg - lightly beaten and strained
1 finely grated lemon rind
2 to 3 Tbsp. Lemon juice (up to individual's taste)
(1) Process biscuits until fine and add in butter to process together. Press biscuit mixture over the base and side of a 8" springform tin. Place in a fridge to chill till harden, approximately 30 mins.
(2) Fillings: Cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind in a mixin bowl till smooth.
(3) Add in eggs one at a time.
(4) Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared biscuit base and bake for 1 hour at 160C. Leave in the oven to cool.
(5) Lemon curd: Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl. Place bowl over small pot of simmering water (water must not touch bottom of bowl), cook, stirring constantly for about 20 mins. or until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove bowl from bowl and cover lemon curd with plastic wrap. Leave it to cool.
(6) Pour lemon curd on top of cheesecake and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before slicing.