Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Lattice Pineapple Tarts
1 Kg. Pineapple
300 gm. sugar
pinch of salt
6 gm. cinnamon stick
1 tsp. of cloves
250 gm. Butter
90 gm. icing sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
380 gm. Plain Flour
2 Tbsp. milk powder
a drop of egg yolk colouring
For glazing: 1 egg yolk + a little water + a drop of egg yolk colour
(1) For filling: Peel pineapples , cut into pieces and blend till fine.
(2) Pour blended pineapples into a wok and fry for awhile before adding in sugar, cinnamon stick and cloves. Cook till it thickens and set aside to cool. Shape the pineapple jam into small balls.
(3) For pastry: Cream butter and sugar then add in egg,egg yolk colour, salt and vanilla essence and blend till well combined.
(4) Add in flour and milk powder and mix till a dough is formed.
(5) Roll out the dough to 5 mm. thick. cut it out witha fluted round cutter.
(6) Place pastry into the greased tray and place a small round ball of pineapple jam on the centre of cut out pastry.
(7) Roll put small pieces of dough into thin strips and place it on topof the pineapple jam to make a cross.
(8) Brush with egg glaze and bake at 170C for about 15 - 20 mins. or till pastry is golden.
(9) Leave pineapple tarts to cool on wire rack before storing in cookie containers.