Hup Tou Shou
150 gm. plain flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ammonia
60 gm. Butter
35 gm. shortening
20 gm. cooking oil
60 gm. icing sugar
40 gm. chopped walnuts- chop finely
1 egg yolk for glazing (add in 1 tsp. water)
(1) Combine plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, ammonia and salt into a mixing bowl.
(2) Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix till a pliable dough.
(3) Weigh each dough at 5 gm. each and roll into small round balls. Use a chopstick to create a depression on the cookie. Place onto baking tray.
(6) Egg glaze the cookies and bake at 170C for about 15 - 20 mins.
(7) Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.