Friday, February 16, 2007
Green Tea Pumpkin Sweet Biscuits
150 gm. Butter
65 gm. icing sugar
1 egg yolk
220 gm. plain flour
2 Tbsp. Cornflour
6 gm. green tea powder
a drop of green colouring or jasmine tea paste
150 gm. prunes or dates (pureed)
(1) Beat butter and sugar till creamy.
(2) Add in egg yolk and mix till well mixed.
(3) Add in plain flour, cornflour, green tea powder and green colouring or jasmine tea paste. Mix till a dough is formed.
(4) Weigh dough about 8 to 10 gm. Then wrap up with prune or dates fillings (about 5 gm.). Roll into a roll then use a knife to make depressions on the side to the cookie. Use a chopstick to make a small indent on top of cookies. Roll a small portion of dough and attach on top as stalk.
(5) Place cookies onto baking tray.
(6) Bake cookies in a preheated oven of 170C for about 15 mins.
(7) Remove onto wire rack to cool before storing into airtight containers.