Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Fresh Figs, tim tam and walnuts muffins
130 gm. soft butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
150 gm. castor sugar
150 gm. chopped dried figs or 200 gm. fresh figs
100 gm. cake flour
50 gm. self-raising flour
100 gm. tim tam biscuits - chop coarsely
80 gm. walnuts - chopped
60 ml. milk
80 ml. whip cream
200 gm. cooking chocolate
6 medium fresh figs - cut into wedges for decoration
(1) Beat butter, vanilla essence and sugar till light.
(2) Add in eggs and mix till light and fluffy.
(3) Stir in figs, walnuts, tim tam ,sifted flours and milk.
(4) Scoop mixture into paper cups.
(5) Bake at 180C for 25 mins or till cooked.
(6) For chocolate ganache: bring cream to a boil in small saucepan, pour over chocolate in small bowl and stir until smooth. Let it cool and set.
(7) Spread muffins with chocolate ganache, decorate with fig wedges.