Sunday, January 28, 2007
Eversoft Ginger and Spice
100 gm. Cake flour
30 gm. Self-raising flour
1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp. Ground ginger
1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp. Mixed spice
90 gm. castor sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
60 gm. butter
100 gm. Treacle
20 gm. golden syrup
30 gm. chopped candied ginger - for sprinkling
Some sesame seeds for sprinkling on top
(1) Sift plain flour, self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, ground ginger, cinnamon powder and mixed spice into a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar.
(2) Whisk eggs and milk together.
(3) Put butter, treacle and golden syrup together and microwave till butter melts and stir till evenly mixed.
(4) Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture and mix evenly. Mixture is runny.
(5) Spoon mixture into 10 paper cups. Sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped ginger on top and bake at 180C for about 20 mins. or till cupcakes are cooked.
(6) Cool on wire rack before serving.
**Recipe adapted from the book "Tempt"