Sunday, January 21, 2007
Ingredients for chocolate cake:
4 nos. eggs
120 gm. sugar
100 gm. cake flour
20 gm. cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
60 gm. cornoil
100 gm. canned chestnut puree
80 gm. non-dairy whipping cream
a little rum
1 chocolate transfer
100 gm. melted chocolate
some boiled chestnuts
(1) For cake: whisk eggs and sugar till thick.
(2) Fold in flour, cocoa powder and cornoil and then pour into a 7" round cake tin.
(3) Bake at 175C for about 35 mins.
(4) Remove cake from oven, leave to cool on a wire rack and then slice into 3 slices.
(5) For filling: stir chestnut puree with whipping cream and rum and sandwich the 3 layers of chocolate sponge cake together, leaving some chestnut filling for the top layer.
(6) For top layer, use a grass nozzle to pipe the chestnut on top. Chill for a while.
(7) Cut the transfer sheet according to the height of the cake. Melt some chocolate and pour over the transfer then lift it up and stick to the side of the creamed cake. Leave it in the fridge for the chocolate to harden and then tear out the transfer sheet.
(8) Place some chestnuts on top of the piped chestnut filling and then sieve some icing sugar on top.
(9) Slice and serve chilled.