Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Butter Walnut Ice-Cream
1 1/2 cups of Fresh Milk
1 1/2 cups of Whipping Cream
4 egg yolks
100 gm. Sugar
a pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
100 gm. Roasted Walnuts - chop coarsely
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. Dark brown sugar
(1) For ice cream base: Heat up the cream and milk in a pot till warm.
(2) Whisk egg yolks with sugar until smooth.
(3) Pour in the warm milk mixture into the egg yolks mixture and stir till smooth.
(4) Pour the egg and milk mixture back into the pot and cook over medium heat till mixture thickens. Add in vanilla extract and leave it to cool then put in the freezer to freeze for about an hour.
(5) For butter walnuts, melt the butter in a saucepan. Then add in chopped walnuts and fry for about 2 mins. before adding the dark brown sugar. Stir and switch off heat and leave it to cool.
(6) Beat the ice cream base either in an ice-cream maker or use a whisk to whip up.
(7) Mix in butter walnuts and then pour into an ice-cream tub. Put in the freezer to freeze for at least 4 to 5 hours.
(8) Scoop the ice-cream into a glass and pour chocolate sauce over it. Sprinkle some roasted walnuts on top. Serve and Enjoy!!