Saturday, January 06, 2007
Apple Yoghurt Roll
300 gm. Bread flour
6 gm. Instant Yeast
1/8 tsp. salt
50 gm. Castor sugar
20 gm. milk powder
115 gm. water
100 gm. fresh milk
1/2 tsp. bread improver
1/2 tsp. bread softener (optional)
40 gm. Butter or margarine
fillings: 100 gm. plain yoghurt
30 gm. instant custard
apple fillings: Mix all the ingredients together and cook over low heat till mixture thickens. Cool before using. You can use apple pie filling as a substitute.
300 gm. diced fuji apples
100 gm. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
80 gm. water
1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
30 gm. cornflour + 30 gm. water (mix together)
15 gm. butter
Method for bread dough:
(1) Put all the ingredients into a mixer and beat for 10 mins. till dough becomes smooth.
(2) Add in butter and continue beating for another 5 mins. till well mixed.
(3) Take out dough from mixer and roll into a round ball and let it rest for 45 mins. or till double in size.
(4) Cut,scale and weigh into 50 gm. round balls and let it rest for another 10 mins.
(5) Roll dough into a long rectangular shape, spread some yoghurt mixture onto dough , top up with some apple filling and roll into a swiss roll. Cut into half and place both cut doughs, side by side into small moulds - oval shape or rectangular shape..let it prove again for another 45 mins.
(6) Brush with beaten eggs and bake at 190C for about 10 to 12 min.s or till golden brown.
(7) Take out bread from moulds and leave onto wire rack to cool.
(8) Serve warm or cooled with a cup of coffee or tea. enjoy!! simply delicious.