Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Thyme Creme Brulee
250 gm. Diary Cream
250 gm. Eggnog or Fresh milk
some sprigs of Fresh Thyme
3 egg yolks
3 1/2 Tbsp. Sugar
(1) Heat up diary cream and milk with fresh tyme until just boil and let it sit for 5 mins.
(2) Whisk egg yolks and sugar lightly with a hand whisk.
(3) Add in warm dairy cream and pour in in a steady stream, stirring all the time.
(4) Sieve mixture and pour into 8 nos. of ramekin bowls. Cover with aluminium foil.
(5) Steam bake at 175C for about 35 mins.
(6) Take it out from the oven then leave to cool, put into refrigerator.
(7) Sprinkle some sugar on top and use a torch to fire the sugar till it turns caramel in colour.
Note: Can also use Lavender leaves