Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Rock Melon Mousse Cake
90 gm. Chocolate Optima Flour
5 nos. eggs
30 ml. water
1/2 tsp. ovalette
30 ml. cornoil
Rock melon mousse:
150 gm. Rock melon puree - blend finely
1 Tbsp. gelatine powder + 50 gm. water (soak together for 5 mins.)
2 egg yolks
30 gm. sugar
150 gm. Non-Dairy Whipped cream
1/2 Tbsp. Kirsch liquer
Rock Melon - scoop into small round balls
Gelatine Mixture: Mix all together and boil till gelatine dissolves. Cool slightly before pouring on top of mousse.
250 gm. Water
1 Tbsp. Gelatine + 50 gm. Water (soak)
30 gm. sugar
(1) For cake: Mix all the ingredients together into a mixing bowl except cornoil.
(2) Whisk till thick then add in cornoil and pour into a 8" Square tray.
(3) Bake in the oven at 180C for about 20 mins. Take out from oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
(4) Place the cooled cake into a 7" sq. cake ring.
(5) For filling: Boil rock melon puree and sugar together till boiling , take off from the heat, add in egg yolks and stir till smooth. Put back onto stove and then add in gelatine mixture and stir till dissolved. Leave to cool till lukewarm.
(6) Fold in whipped cream and kirsch.
(7) Pour on top of chocolate sponge cake and leave in the refrigerator to let it set.
(8) When set, arrange scooped melon on top of the mousse and then pour in the gelatine mixture. Put in the refrigerator to let it set.
(9) Serve chilled.