Saturday, December 16, 2006
Nutty Chocolate Shortbread Wedges
125 gm. Butter
100 gm. sugar
25 gm. cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
150 gm. Plain flour
For the topping:
100 gm. dark chocolate
30 gm. melted butter
1/2 cup pecans, pistachio or walnuts - toasted and chopped
(1) Cream butter and sugar till combined.
(2) Add in salt and cocoa powder and mix well.
(3) Add in egg yolk and vanilla essence.
(4) Add in plain flour and mix till a dough is formed. Scrap the bowl and then keep in the fridge for about 15 to 20 mins.
(5) Press dough into a 9" loose bottom tart pan and bake at 175C for about 25 mins.
(6) Remove from oven and let it cool.
(7) For topping: melt the chocolate and butter together. Stir until smooth.
(8) Pour on top of baked shortbread and then sprinkle nuts on top.
(9) Let the chocolate set before cutting into 12 wedges.