Sunday, December 17, 2006
Mr. Jolly The Snowman Bread
100 gm. Bread flour
7 gm. yeast
60 ml. water
230 gm. Bread flour
30 gm. sugar
30 gm. butter
10 gm. milk powder
110 gm. water
1 tsp. salt
Some white chocolate - melted
(1) Mix all the ingredients (A) together and let it rest for 1 hour.
(2) Place the 230 gm. bread flour, starter dough, sugar, milkpowder and salt into a mixing bowl and mix. Pour in the water and mix till a dough is formed for about 10 mins.
(3) Add in butter and continue to beat for another 5 mins.
(4) Let it rest for 45 mins.
(5) Scale and weigh the dough accordingly:
For body: 40 gm. For head: 10 gm. and for the hat: 6 gm.
(6) Shape the dough round and arrange onto a baking tray and let if rest for 30 mins.
(7) Bake at 190C for about 8 - 10 mins. Leave it to cool.
(8) When cooled, stick them together with white chocolate, then melt some dark chocolate and dip the hats into the dark chocolate.
(9) Put some dark chocolate into a piping bag and pipe the eyes and mouth.
(10) Use some fondant to make the shawl and then tie around the snowman's neck.
**This recipe is adapted from the magazine "Gourmet Living"