Thursday, December 21, 2006
Coconut and Chestnut Cup
80 gm. chestnut puree
2 egg yolk
1 egg white
20 gm. sugar
85 gm. whipping cream
5 gm. Gelatine powder + 35 gm. water
1/2 Tbsp. rum (optional)
80 gm. Coconut milk or Evaporated milk
1 egg white
25 gm. sugar
50 gm. whipping cream
5 gm. gelatine + 3o gm. hot water
50 gm. chestnut puree
30 gm. whipped cream
a little rum
(1) Bloom gelatine in water and then microwave for 20 seconds. Set aside.
(2) Beat whipped cream till stiff.
(3) Whisk egg white with sugar until stiff peak.
(4) Heat half of the chestnut puree, add in egg yolk and stir till smooth and thicken. Add in the remaining chestnut puree and gelatine mixture and stir evenly.
(5) Fold in whisked egg white and whipping cream and set aside.
(6) Fro coconut mousse: Put gelatine and water in a bowl and stir till gelatine dissolves. Add in coconut milk.
(7) Whisk egg white with sugar till stiff and fold into coconut mixture followed by the whipped cream.
(8) Pour chestnut mousse into a glass, then topped up with coconut mousse then the top layer, pour in the chestnut mousse. Makes about 4 - 5 glasses.
(9) Set in the fridge.
(10) For decoration, mix chestnut puree with whipped cream and pipe on top of the mousse.
Note: if mousse is too water when you pour into cup, you can chill every layer till set before pouring in the next layer.