Sunday, December 10, 2006
Chocolate Souffle Cookies
80 gm. egg white
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
50 gm. castor sugar
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
175 gm. melted chocolate
(1) Whisk egg white with cream of tartar till soft peak.
(2) White the beater is still running, add in vanilla essence and gradually pour in the sugar and whisk till stiff peak.
(3) Pour the nuts and melted chocolate over the egg white and gently fold with a spatula, trying not to deflate the egg white.
(4) Use a teapoon to scoop the mixture onto a baking tray , leaving 1" between the cookies.
(5) Bake the cookies until it becomes shiny and cracked for about 12 mins. at 175C.
(6) The cookies should be firm on the outside amd still gooey inside when you press them.
(7) Cool on wire rack.