These cup cakes are made by my daughter, Joanne.
Yields 12 nos. muffins
220 gm. cake flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
1/4 tsp. salt
125 gm. castor sugar
80 gm. butter - melted
125 gm or 1/2 cup fresh milk
125 gm or 1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg yolk
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla essence
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup toasted pecans or walnuts - chopped
(1) In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well.
(2) In another bowl, whisk sugar, butter, milk, sour cream, egg and egg yolk and vanilla essence until well combined.
(3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold gently with a spatula juntil the dry ingredients are mostly moistened. The batter will be lumpy and still have quite a few streaks of dry flour.
(4) Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts until just combined. Do not overmix otherwise the muffins will become dense.
(5) Spoon batter into muffin pan lined with paper cups till finished. If you like, you can sprinkle some chopped nuts on top before baking.
(6) Bake at 175C for about 20 mins. or till skewer inserted comes out clean.
(7) Cool on wire rack.