Saturday, December 09, 2006
Almond Butter Maple Leaf cake
65 gm. Butter
50 gm. sugar
1/4 cup icing sugar
60 gm. eggs (without shell)
1/4 tsp. vanilla essence
1/4 tsp. almond essence
100 gm. cake flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup buttermilk or milk
1/4 cup slice almonds - roasted and crushed
(1) Cream butter and sugar till creamy, then pour in icing sugar and continue beating till creamy.
(2) Pour in eggs in a steady stream and mix till combined.
(3) Add in vanilla essence and almond essence.
(4) Sift cake flour, baking powder and salt together and fold into butter mixture alternately with buttermilk.
(5) Lastly fold in crushed almonds and then pour into petite cake pans or muffin pan and bake at 175C for about 20 mins or till skewer inserted comes out clean.