Marie, hope you will surprise your hubby with this:
Ingredients for cup cakes:
4 large eggs
120 gm. castor sugar
90 gm. Self raising flour
30 gm. cocoa powder
3 Tbsp. corn oil
Ingredients for coffee syrup: Mix them together.
100 ml. boiling hot water
60 gm. sugar
1 Tbsp. Instant coffee granules
1 1/2 Tbsp. Kahlua or Tia Maria
Ingredients for cream cheese icing:
125 gm. cream cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp. icing sugar
1 Tbsp. Kahlua
80 gm. whipped cream
For dusting: cocoa powder and some coffee seeds for decoration
(1) Whisk eggs and sugar till thick and creamy.
(2) Sift self raising flour and cocoa powder together and add into the eggs mixture.
(3) Pour in cornoil and gently fold it till well mixed.
(4) Pour into prepared paper cups in muffin pans and bake at 180c for about 20 to 25 mins. or till skewer inserted comes out clean.
(5) Leave it cool on wire rack.
(6) Cream cream cheese and icing sugar till creamy. Add in kahlua and then fold in whipped cream.
(7) Brush cupcakes with coffee syrup and then pipe cream cheese rosettes on top.
(8) Sieve some cocoa powder on top of rosettes and decorate with coffee seeds.