Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Rich Walnut Cake
100 gm. Butter
90 gm. castor sugar
180 gm. beaten eggs
90 gm. cake flour ) sieved together
5 gm. baking powder )
15 gm. ovalette
25 gm. fresh milk
1 tsp. Vanilla essence
90 gm. Roasted walnuts - chopped
(1) Cream butter and vanilla essence till creamy and pale.
(2) Whisk eggs, castor sugar and ovalette till thick. Pour in fresh milk.
(3) Fold in sieved cake flour and baking powder until thoroughly mixed.
(4) Fold in butter into the egg mixture followed by the chopped walnuts. Leave some chopped walnuts for sprinkling on top of cake batter.
(5) Pour batter into a round 7" tray (lined with paper) and then sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top.
(6) Bake at 175C for about 50 - 60 mins. or until cooked. Test with skewer and if it comes out dry then it's cooked.