Thursday, November 09, 2006
Coffee Butter Cake
200 gm. Butter
150 gm. sugar
3 nos. eggs
200 gm. cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. Nescafe coffee granules + 1 Tbsp. Hot water
1 Tbsp. Kahlua liquer
1 tsp. Coffee emulco / paste
5 Tbsp. Buttermilk or UHT milk
(1) Cream butter and sugar till pale and creamy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time making sure it's properly mixed before the next addition.
(3) Add in coffee mixture, Kahlua, milk and coffee paste.
(4) Fold in cake flour and baking powder gently till well mixed.
(5) Pour into a 6" square tray or into a loaf pan and bake at 175c for about 50 mins. or till cooked.