This a request from somebody but I forgot who....happy baking!!
Ingredients for bread dough: Recipe yields about 17 nos.
500 gm. Bread Flour
75 gm. beaten eggs
225 gm. ice cold water
90 gm. sugar
5 gm. salt
5 gm. bread improver
11 gm. instant yeast
60 gm. margarine
Fillings: Red Bean Paste
(1) Beat all the ingredients together except butter for about 10 mins. till it forms into a dough.
(2) Add in margarine and continue beating for another 5 mins.
(3) Take out from mixer bowl and let it proof for about 45 mins.
(4) Scale and weigh dough into 60 gm. each and roll into a round ball. Let it rest for 10 mins.
(5) Roll and wrap up with about 30 gm. of red bean paste.
(6) Flatten the buns slightly with a rolling pin, then use a cutter to cut the sides into 12 wedges without cutting through. Turn the cut side facing up and arrange buns onto a tray. Let it proof for another 45 mins.
(7) Brush with beaten egg and bake at 190C for about 10 mins. or until golden brown.
(8) These buns can also be deep-fried.
(9) Leave onto wire rack to cool. Serve.