Sunday, November 26, 2006
Chocolate Cream Cheesecake
Thin sponge cake for the base of the cake rings:
250 gm. optima flour
1 tsp. ovalette
60 ml. water
60 gm. cornoil
1 tsp. vanilla essence
(1) Whisk optima flour, eggs, ovalette and water together till thick and creamy.
(2) Fold in cornoil and then pour into a rectangular tray of 11" x 14" and bake at 175C for about 20 min. or till cooked.
(3) Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
(4) Cut into small pieces to fit into your tear drop cake rings or any petite cake rings of any shape.
250 gm. Cream cheese
40 gm. sugar
1 Tbsp. Gelatine powder + 50 gm. water (bloom then double-boil or microwave)
50 gm. melted chocolate
30 gm. fresh milk
120 gm. whipped cream
250 gm. chocolate
120 gm. non-dairy whipped cream
Some white chocolate for piping
(1) Cream cream cheese with sugar till creamy.
(2) Pour in melted gelatine mixture and mix till well combined.
(3) Melt chocolate in a double-boiler or microwave it then add in fresh milk and mix thoroughly. Pour into cream cheese and mix thoroughly.
(4) Fold in whipped cream and fill filling into prepared cake rings fitted with thin sponge cake.
(5) Leave it in the fridge to let it set.
(6) When set, take out from cake rings and then pour ganache over it.
(7) Pipe some white chocolate over the ganache and then let it set again before serving.