Saturday, November 25, 2006
Chocolate Almond Cupcake with chocolate icing
100 gm. Butter
80 gm. castor sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
60 gm. superfine flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
40 gm. breadcrumbs
60 gm. dark chocolate - melted
3 nos. eggs
80 gm. ground almonds
100 gm. dark chocolate - melted
30 gm. butter
1/2 Tbsp. fresh milk
(1) Beat butter and sugar till creamy.
(2) Add in egg yolks, melted chocolate and stir till combined.
(3) Fold in flour, breadcrumbs, baking powder and bicarbonate of Soda and mix thoroughly.
(4) Whisk egg white till stiff, then fold into the egg yolk mixture.
(5) Scoop into muffin cups or paper cups in muffin pan and bake at 175C for about 25 mins. or till cooked.
(6) Remove from muffin pan and leave to cool on wire rack.
Melt chocolate over simmering water till chocolate melts. Remove from heat, add in butter and milk and stir till smooth. Pipe onto muffin cups and decorate muffins as desired.