Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Ingredients for sponge cake:
250 gm. optima flour
1 tsp. ovalette
60 ml. water
60 gm. cornoil
(1) Whiks optima flour, eggs, water and ovalette together till thick.
(2) Fold in cornoil.
(3) Spread batter into a 11" x 14" cake tray and bake at 175C for about 20 mins. or till cooked. Remove from oven and leave to cool onto a wire rack.
(4) Cut sponge cakes to fit into small petite cake rings and leave aside.
250 gm. Cream cheese
70 gm. sugar
120 gm. Avocado meat - blend into a puree
1 Tbsp. Gelatine powder + 50 gm. water (double-boil or microwave)
125 gm. yoghurt
200 gm. Non-Dairy whipping Cream
50 gm. avocado meat - small dice
(1) Cream cream cheese and sugar till creamy and light.
(2) Add in blended avocado puree.
(3) Pour in melted gelatine mixture and yoghurt.
(4) Fold in whipped cream and diced avocado meat.
(5) Scoop filling into prepared petite cake rings and let it set in the fridge.
(6) Decorate with some whipped cream and diced avocado meat.
(7) Serve Chilled.