Sunday, October 15, 2006
Spinach Swiss Roll
Ingredients for sponge cake:
180 gm. optima sponge cake mix
40 ml. water
50 gm. Chinese spinach (Poh Cai in mandarin) - chopped
40 ml. corn oil or melted butter (about 3 Tbsp.)
100 gm. Butter cream
100 gm. golden raisins
(1) Whisk eggs with optima flour and water till thick and fluffy.
(2) Fold in chopped spinach and cornoil till well mixed.
(3) Pour into a rectangular tray 10" x 14" (25 cm x 35 cm.) lined with greaseproof paper. Level the mixture.
(4) Bake at 200c for about 8 - 10 mins. Remove from oven, remove sponge cake from tin and then leave on wire rack to cool completely.
(5) Spread butter cream on top of sponge cake and sprinkle golden raisins on top.
(6) Roll the swiss roll from bottom to the top with the help of a greaseproof paper as a guide.
* This spinach swiss roll is adapted from the book written by Kevin Chai - Elegant Swiss roll.