Saturday, October 21, 2006
Coffee Swiss Roll
5 nos. eggs
90 gm. castor sugar
1 Tbsp. instant coffee (Nescafe) mix with 1 Tbsp. hot water
100 gm. Plain flour
60 gm. melted butter or cornoil
120 gm. Butter cream
1 Tbsp. instant coffee powder mix with 1 Tbsp. hot water
80 gm. chopped roasted walnuts
(1) Whisk eggs and sugar together till light and fluffy.
(2) Add in coffee mixture and gently fold in sifted plain flour, add in melted butter and mix well until combined.
(3) Pour into a rectangular tray of 10" x 14" and bake at 200C for about 8 - 10 mins.
(4) Remove from oven and leave on wire rack to cool completly.
(5) Mix butter cream with cofee mixture.
(6) Turn sponge cake onto a piece of greaseproof paper, spread coffee butter cream on top and then sprinkle chopped roasted walnuts on top (leave some walnuts for decoration - optional).
(7) Roll gently from the wide end into a swiss roll using paper as a guide to lift cake.
(8) Put into the refrigerator to let it set before slicing.