Saturday, October 14, 2006
Chicken Cheddar Cake
Ingredients for Cake Base:
200 gm. cheese flavoured biscuits
20 gm. parmesan cheese
130 gm. melted butter
Ingredients for filling:
100 gm. Red Onion - diced
2 to 3 cloves of garlic - chopped
60 gm. button mushrooms - sliced
100 gm. Mixed vegetables
150 gm. chicken meat - diced
1 Tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp. Ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chicken granules
Ingredients for cake:
500 gm. cream cheese
30 gm. plain flour
200 gm. Dairy whipping cream
60 gm. cheddar cheese
40 - 60 gm. parmesan cheese (to your preference)
(1) Cake Base: Blend the cheese biscuits till fine, mix with parmesan cheese and then mix thoroughly with the melted butter.
(2) Press into a 9" round or square springform tin. Put into the refrigerator to let the base set.
(1) Marinate chicken with worchestershire sauce, salt, pepper and chicken granules.
(2) Heat up oil in the wok and fry the onions till fragrant, add in garlic and continue frying till fragrant. Add in marinated chicken , mushrooms, mixed vegetables and fry till thick. Leave aside to cool before using.
(1) Cream cream cheese till creamy.
(2) Add in eggs, one at a time till well mixed.
(3) Add in flour followed by the whipping cream.
(4) Add in parmesan cheese and 3/4 portion of the cheddar cheese, leaving 1/4 for sprinkling on top.
(5) Add in the cooked filling and mix thoroughly, then pour onto the prepared biscuit cake base.
(6) Bake in water bath (steam bake) in a preheated oven at 160C for about 60 mins.
(7) Leave to cook and refrigerate till set before slicing and serve.
* This recipe is adapted from Alex Goh's book - Fantastic Cheesecake with a slight twist in the recipe.