Friday, October 13, 2006
Cheese Horlicks Layered Cake
100 gm. Butter
400 gm. cream cheese
65 gm. sugar
10 medium eggs
380 gm. condensed milk
300 gm. Kaya
a few drops of pandan paste
a drop of green colouring
a few drops of chocolate emulco
150 gm. Marie biscuits - blended finely into powder form
200 gm. Horlicks
(1) Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar till creamy and fluffy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time till will mixed.
(3) Add in kaya and condensed and mix thoroughly.
(4) Pour in blended biscuits and horlicks, then mix thoroughly. Divide the mixture into two portions.
(5) In one portion add in pandan paste and green colouring and in the other portion, add in chocolate emulco.
(6) Then sub-divide the portions into 4 portions each making a total of 8 portions.
(7) Grease a 9" square tray and pour layer by layer till finish. Each layer steam for about 10 mins till cooked. Must make sure it's cooked.
(8) Leave on wire rack to cool. Slice and serve.
*This recipe is adapted from the book "Layered cakes" but I made some changes to the ingredients and the method of doing it.